Sunday, December 13, 2009

Week 14 picks

As I type this right now, my 1 year old nephew is sleeping in his chair next to me, so in case he wakes up, this is going to have to be a little brief: Saints @ Falcons -- As over rated as I think the Saints are, even I'm not stupid enough to take the Falcons. Saints win. Lions @ Ravens -- This could be a trick game for the Ravens. Lately they've been abysmal, but luckily the Lions are just as bad. Ravens win. Packers @ Bears -- The Packers are flying right now. In the true fashion of many teams that have had deep playoff runs, everything is coming together for them just at the right time, in all phases of the game. The Bears are the Bears. Packers win. Seahawks @ Texans -- The Texans have been rubbish lately while the Seahawks are trying to run the ball and bring a new aspect to their game. I think the 'hawks might pull an upset special. Seahawks win. Broncos @ Colts -- Hmm, toughy. Indy has a habit of barely scraping through their games and the Broncos have finally learnt that they can still run their impressive zone-stretch runs. I don't think the Colts will take their foot of the gas, but I do think the Broncos can pull off an upset. Broncos win. Dolphins @ Jaguars -- Do I have to pick a winner? Both teams are too unpredictable for my liking. I think the Jags have a better run game but the Dolphins have a much better D. Dolphins win. Bills @ Chiefs -- God this game looks terrible on paper. Anyone that has to watch this game has my sympathy, more so if you're a Chiefs fan because I think the Bills edge it. Bills win. Bengals @ Vikings -- I think Brett Favre will watch game film from last Sunday night and think to himself "I can't let that happen again". The Vikings also get CB Antoine Winfield back from injury this week. Vikings win. Panthers @ Patriots -- The Patriots D sucks of late, especially against the run. This might be the chance the Panthers need to break out their running game. I actually think the Panthers might win it. Panthers win. Jets @ Buccaneers -- Another terrible game. Expect Rex Ryan to dial up some serious pressure on rookie QB Josh Freeman and either live or die by the blitz. Jets win. Rams @ Titans -- The Rams rush defense against Chris Johnson? Titans win. Redskins @ Raiders -- Bruce Gradkowski has a mean threat ahead of him with the Redskins coming to town. Their pass defense has been really good, and they were the first team (bizarrely) to take the Saints to overtime this season. I like what I'm seeing in Washington of late. Redskins win. Chargers @ Cowboys -- Tony Romo needs another huge game, as does the Cowboys D. And their rushing attack. And their special teams. And that's just to keep pace with the Chargers. Chargers win. Eagles @ Giants -- Have the Giants bounced back after stumbling recently? Nope. Meanwhile the Eagles are starting to integrate a rushing attack to complement their explosive pass game. Eagles win. Cardinals @ 49ers -- If the Cards win this one, they win the NFC West and book a place in the playoffs. See you in January then. Cardinals win.

No comments: