Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Night Football

Tomorrow is Thursday, tonight is Wednesday. Having cleared that up, it's time for my Thursday Night Football pick: Colts @ Jaguars -- If I hear the phrase "Path to Perfection" many more times, it's gonna drive me nuts. I almost want both the Colts and the Saints to lose purely so I don't have to hear that anymore. But unfortunately, at least for the Colts, it's going to be another week of speculation. 'cos even though I like the Jags, and even though I like Maurice Jones-Drew, there are a few things that drive me to pick the Colts. Number one, is that I know deep down the Jaguars will try and shoot it out with the Colts. They'll throw maybe 35-40 times and they'll drag themselves into an offensive battle they can't win. They wont use their ground game to full effect. Jones-Drew will get maybe 15-20 carries, Rashad Jennings will get his obligatory 2 carries for 10 yards and the Colts D will show David Garrard the turf a few times. Even though they're a little banged up defensively, the Colts still get it done. They play sound, assignment football, giving you a few yards here and there, till finally you get frustrated and try and force something that isn't there and then they've got you. Offensively, Manning will do his thing, adjusting the protection to keep the leagues worst pass rush at bay while he scans the field and finds holes in the secondary that will eventually show up when you can't bring any pressure. It has Colts win written all over it. Unless they take their foot off the gas, I can't see them dropping the ball now. Colts win. So that takes care of Thursday. Tomorrow it'll be round up time, along with a Saturday night pick for the Cowboys at Saints. Until then, have a nice day.

No comments: