Monday, October 04, 2010

Sunday Night Football

I don't have time to recap all of Sundays action, but I do have to cover the late game:
Bears 3 @ Giants 17 -- Last week I said that the Sunday Night game between the Jets and Dolphins was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. This was one of the worst.
In fact, it probably is the worst game of football I've ever had the misfortune to watch.
It was terrible. Cutler was beyond bad, loitering in the pocket like a man waiting for a bus that was never going to arrive. It was just appalling to watch. And the 17 points put up by the Giants are nothing more than a facade. The Giants offense was just as bad. Their run blocking was hideous. I've seen clips of kids games that had better line play.
I just don't know what to say. The Giants filled their boots with 10 sacks on the night, including three for Justin Tuck and three for Osi Umenyiora. I'm just in shock, mentally scarred at having wasted a little over 3 hours watching a hideous contest that barely registers as a sporting spectacle. I'd have rather watched a game of golf.
On the plus side, at least I got the pick right.
Have a great day everyone.

No comments: