Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The news in brief

Just quickly before I slink off to work, I wanna draw your attention to a segment from the NFL networks "Playbook" show, posted on NFL.com. In this segment the analysts (Sterling Sharpe, Mike Mayock and Solomon Wilcots) are drawing attention to the Saints use of the blitz particularly on third down. Personally I would echo and amplify some of the statements regarding the Steelers line blocking and communication. Because it looks hideous at times. But I'd also like to throw a bit of the blame on QB Ben Roethlisberger. Seeing some of the looks the Saints gave, a lot of time all the pressure was coming off the edge and to call the room up the middle a hole doesn't even do it justice. These are the kind of situations where I would be looking to my left and going "Holy sh!t, I forgot I had Rashard Mendenhall in the backfield. Dude, here's the ball." Now maybe there is a reason why he didn't check off. Maybe he doesn't have the freedom to do so, though I highly doubt that. Whatever that reason is I'd love to here it, because to me that read looks plain as day. --- In other news this week:

>>> Mike Shanahan has crticised Donovan McNabb for his lack of cardio conditioning, giving this as the explanation as to why he pulled McNabb in favour of Rex Grossman, along with a terminology aspect. Is anyone buying this? Let me know. One person who presumably is, is Terrell Owens, who took a chance on his TV show to have a swipe at McNabb and his fitness levels. So no change there then either. This is all going to end in tears. >>> Randy Moss has hit the waiver wire again. As Bill Belichick kicks back in his chair and laughs into his brandy at another great trade he just pulled off, questions are now flying over the future of Brad Childress and what actually caused the release of Moss. The fact that Moss complained about food at a restaurant doesn't seem a worthy offense, so I guess we'll have to wait and see for details about what is going on inside the Vikings organisation. I have visions of people throwing darts and not a lot else.

Have a great day everyone

No comments: