Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ice and easy

So 2014 will see a Superbowl in New York. Honestly, I don't get it. I mean I get that it's supposed to be a big deal, but this is football. Football is supposed to be played outside, often in cold weather. That's the whole point. That's one of the reasons the league is played during the time period that it is. Take into account the fact that some teams have to play games in atrocious weather just to get a shot at the playoffs, and why shouldn't their be a Superbowl in New York. Not to mention the size of the media market there. It's all thumbs up from my perspective. The next step for me is a game at Lambeau. That field is just dripping in history and mystique. Considering all the famous names that have passed through Green Bay over the years, it would be fitting I think to see the game for the Vince Lombardi Trophy played in the stadium with which he is most associated. C'mon owners, make it happen. As for the rest of you, have a great day everyone.

No comments: