Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mmm... Coffee

So uhm, another day, another inactive schedule of news. Nothing much has happened. The only thing worthy of note is that I've been watching a lot (multiple coffee cups worth) of game cut ups of teams running spread offenses, mainly college sides. "But Chris, you're always so adamant about running the football, what's happened?" I hear you cry (or type). Well, I'm intrigued by the notion that a lot of teams run spread sets in order to reduce the numbers in the box so they can run. From what I've seen, I'm not totally sold on the idea. Compared to an I-formation run game, I think it's definitely important to have a lighter, faster back who can make things happen before the defense has time to react. That's obviously not a catch all statement, more a general rule. The important lesson to remember here is never stop investigating new ideas and possibilities. Do that, and I believe it will stand you in good stead for a long time. Till next time, have a great day everyone.

No comments: