Monday, March 01, 2010

A typically reliable Ford

-- I know I've already talked a little bit about this the other day but I saw the bench press results for the DL/LB and I was shocked. First off, Ndamakung Suh blew Gerald MCoy away notching 32 reps to McCoys' 23, but the thing that really caught my attention was Jeff Owens posting 44. And then I watched the tape. Those were not bench presses. They were little pushes. He didn't even fully extend his arms on about 3/4 of those reps. That 44 is a joke and it's a joke that he was allowed to get away with it. More reason to be wary of the combine.... -- And in case you're not convinced yet, just check out the receivers. The hype machine has been going into overload for Golden Tate, but honestly.... he sucked. His 40 yard time was nothing in comparison to Jacoby Ford (4.28), but what made me laugh even more was everyone talking about how well Tate did in the receiving drills, even though he looked awful. When it came to running the line (that stupid drill where receivers are basically encouraged to catch the ball and then drop it straight away), Tate practically jogged across to give himself more time and still managed to drop almost half the balls while looking unbalanced and generally overwhelmed. Compare that again to Jacoby Ford who looked calm, caught all the passes and seemed to thrive under the pressure. Far from impressing Tate would have moved down my board and Ford would have moved up it.

No comments: