Monday, August 02, 2010

No Yard work for Foxworth

I've always believed that in order to criticise the bad, due praise must be given to the good. So we begin with Domonique Foxworth, who will miss the season with a torn ACL. On his Twitter account, Foxworth listed some of the reasons to be pleased about his injury, the various "silver linings" as he put it, some of which are: "be able to be super-dad when daughter is born in December" "I can become a better player mental" [sic] "I can do even more and the community" [sic] "I can dedicate myself to the nflpa and make sure there's no lockout in 2011" Very admirable all round. When NFL coaches talk about good/high character players, this is what they're looking for. Very positive attitude as well. Not so sure about this one though: "when I'm 40 I'll have a way to get out of yard work "but baby you know my knee ain't right"" ---- And following the trend of what makes coaches smile, turns out new Giants LB Keith Bulluck took out a full page advert in The Tennessean to thank Titans fans for all their love and support over the years. Now that is classy. ---- Meanwhile in Jacksonville, the elements interrupted training camp, with a delay caused by a lightning warning. The players responded by having a rookie dance off in the locker room (as you do). Now this kind of thing I can take. Making a rookie carry someones pads or pay thousands for dinner has a serious consequence. In the cases above either a rookie is put out of pocket or there is a clear "I'm superior, I'm the master, carry my belongings" type dynamic going on between one veteran and a rookie. This dance off however includes the whole team getting together and appears to be a much more laid back, fun 'ritual' (if that's the right word for it). Linebacker Kirk Morrison even went to the trouble of posting a quick picture on his Twitter account: http://tweetphoto.com/36312974 ---- Now I know a promised a look back at the 2007 and 2008 draft classes as a kind of, "where are they now" but sadly time is short and I must sleep. Hopefully this will get done tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

No comments: