Monday, August 23, 2010

Vikings @ 49ers

This is probably a good time to point out I've been parted from my computer pretty much all day, thus explaining the lack of a recap. With time short before tonights game I'll instead post a preview of that, then start to work on the recap. All is well. -- Vikings @ 49ers: So here it is. The Mummy Returns. Favre is expected to play at least one drive, but probably no more. I'll be keen to see how Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels cope with the return of his lordship. But probably even more fun will be seeing how the 49ers respond to the opportunity to put the old man back to bed before he's even begun. Expect pressure! I'm not sure how much of Brian Westbrook we'll see in this game, but I'd expect him to grab a few snaps at some point. 49ers QB Alex Smith could also use a good run around as the season rapidly approaches. I'm looking for rookie RB Anthony Dixon to share a sizable chunk of the rushing load as Mike Singletary continues to assess his viability as the number 2 rusher in San Fran. Right, as promised I'll be back later with a full recap of yesterdays games and probably tonights game to. Till then, Have a great day everyone.

No comments: