Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Taylor made

-- Jason Taylor has signed a two year deal to become, heaven forbid, a New York Jet. I'm sure Jets fans are over the moon at that one. But Taylor is a solid player and the deal is rumoured to be essentially back loaded, meaning most of the money wont come until the second year (probably in the shape of a large roster bonus) by which time you would have let they guy go if you weren't happy with him. I think it's a good little addition to an already strong Jets D. -- Torry Holt has become a New England Patriot. With Wes Welker injured and unlikely to start the season, Holt might provide a solid and experienced pair of hands to play across the middle. He's certainly a good route runner still and I think these old veteran WR are under rated for their ability to contribute with solid catches. -- The Pittsburgh Steelers continue to plan for life without Ben Roethlisberger, even if it's just for a few weeks. The Steelers traded a 7th round pick to Tampa Bay for QB Byron Leftwich, who the Buccaneers previously acquired from Pittsburgh. I like Leftwich and if I was a Mike Tomlin, I'd be confident about having Leftwich come in as a stand in. -- I'm feeling a little ill lately, mainly nausea. The cause of this ailment is the fact that I find myself constantly agreeing with everything Charley Casserly has been saying lately. Maybe I was wrong about him? -- Solomon Wilcotts believes the Chargers will win the Superbowl. I believe Mr. Wilcotts has a nasty shock in store. After the draft is all done, I'll offer some of my opinions on where I think each division is going. -- This week, for those that somehow hadn't noticed, will see the 75th NFL draft. I'll be watching intently of course and everyday after the action I'll be offering my thoughts on the various picks and highlights. Have a great day everyone.

No comments: